The founder "Tang Fu Hsieh" was a native of Kiangsu province in China. The school was located in the area known today as Kam Tin, New Territories in Hong Kong. The school's was well known for its large library of Chinese classics. In imperial times, schools were designed with a strong emphasis on the , which were used to prepare court staff members. By the Qing Dynasty, the Chinese government in 1662 and 1664 brought down schools as a strategy against Ming Dynasty loyalists. The school was in ruins by the early 19th century.
* 1259 - The first jìnshì 进士-degree was granted to "Huang Shih".
* 15th/16th/17th Century - Several scholars gained jǔrén 举人-degrees.
* 1685 - A descendent of the founder, "Tan Wen Wei" was granted a degree in "Chin-shih" and was appointed district in Chekiang.
* 1754 - "Chiang Shih Yuan" of Tai Po District earned a jìnshì 进士-degree and became well known for his literary accomplishments in southern China.
* 1789 - "Tang Ying Yuen ", a well-known local calligrapher, passed his military examination . He later built the "So Lay Yuen Study Hall" at "Shui Tau Tsuen" in Kam Tin.